Sunday, October 11, 2009

Formal Greeting

Hey inky fingered friends,
My name is Daryl DePry and a lot of folk call me Double D; I am a printmaker. I prefer my endeavers through the woodcut printmaking process but am fluent and teach in stone and plate litho, intaglio, and serigraphy. I use a sketchbook and avoid the computer for my mockups. I am a coffee acheiver and like it hot and black.
I grew up in San Diego and came to Vegas in 1989.
I have my studio at home, crammed in my garage and print from a Sturgis CP-5 etching press- She's an utter delight. I feed her every week.
I graduated from UNLV 1998 with my BFA and a minor in geology and in 2002 with an MFA. I have been teaching ever since then at UNLV until last year- budget cuts.
Anyways, I got some images on INKTERACTION and Flickr under the guise Dar'wyl. Check it out.
Totally psyched to do this Geographical Divide and hope it turns some heads.
Later days,
DD

1 comments:

Candace Garlock said...

http://inkteraction.ning.com/photo/photo/show?id=2282011%3APhoto%3A152197 Found under Double D....good prints!

Post a Comment